Saturday, July 31, 2010

The "how" and the "why"...

I've lived in Kentucky my entire life and there are still about 25 or 30 counties I have never been to. All that is about to change! My hope is that, along with my wife and 2 boys we are able to visit all 120 counties in the next 12 months. Unfortunately we have to work for a living and are going to have to do most of this over the weekends. So, if we are able to hit the road every weekend, we will have to see 2.5 counties a week. And being a realist, I know that isn't ging to happen. That being the case, in some of them, we will only be able to cross the county line and call it being there. Once our "12" is over we'll try to go back and hit the ones we didn't get to spend a lot of time in.

After we have been there, I will post a short biography on the county along with a link to their local Tourism Commission or Chamber of Commerce as well as a few pictures and a short commentary on what we did. With a little luck, my wife and oldest son with have a short post on each county as well.

Wish us luck, and if you have any suggestions on What we should do in a certain county, please leave a comment and let us know and we will do our best to check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you and your family are encountering on a great adventure! My name is Lynnette and I work at the Paintsville Tourism Office in Johnson County, KY. Do you know when you plan on visiting our county? I would like to recommend a few places for you to visit. 1)Loretta Lynn's Homeplace 2)Country Music Highway Museum 3)Mountain Homeplace. These are just a few stops for you to make when you visit Johnson County. I would like to invite you to stop in the Paintsville Tourism Office when you are in our area. Our office is open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. We look forward to your visit.